A few months ago I gave a heartfelt testimonial on camera for my dear friend and exercise guru, Zenia Wood. She is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and I certainly would not entrust my body with anybody less qualified than her.
Never heard of an AEP? Here’s a bit of an explanation:
- They specialise in helping patients get fitter for all around good health, or to treat patients with a medical condition through exercise.
- They have undertaken lengthy tertiary study and have a wide range of knowledge about the human body and the benefit that exercise has on it, both mentally and physically.
- They are knowledgeable about the effects that exercise has on the musculoskeletal system, as well as on the cardiovascular and endocrine systems.
- They can prescribe a course of exercises for either fitness or rehabilitation. Pilates may be recommended, also home based or gym based exercise routines.
- Basically, they are much more than your standard Personal Trainer!
If you are bio-mechanically out of whack, struggle with glute development or are in frequent pain, like me, I highly recommend you seek the advice of an AEP. Obviously, great nutrition, mindset and a healthy attitude to exercise are important, but if can maximise all that effort in the gym, you’d be CRAZY not to have an AEP on your A-TEAM!